Title III Programs
TITLE III programs are funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. This grant is designed to strengthen programs and facilities of HBCUs. Some of the activities under the Title III umbrella are: Instruction & Intervention Equals Retention & Graduation, Student Success Center, Center for the Arts, Sciences, Technology, Education, and Research, TechNest, Health Sciences Center, and Wellness Center.
Community Learning Internship Cluster (CLIC)
Service learning opportunities to expose our students to the avenues and processes that occur in the non-profit industry as it relates to empowering community patrons.
STEM-Up Academy is designed to increase the number of minority students completing an Associate Degree at the 性乐园 CC-Utica Campus and pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in STEM areas at four year colleges or universities.
A workforce training program dedicated to preparing people who need help with foundational skills for careers by mixing career training with additional support.
Student Success Center
The Student Success Center helps to enhance academic and career and technical student success by creating individualized academic action plans.
TRIO programs target to serve and assist low-income individuals, first-generation college students and individuals with disabilities to progress through the academic pipeline from middle school to post baccalaureate programs.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
Working with the local WIN Job Center and Central MS Planning and Development District, providing employment training services.
The TechNest encourages the use of emerging technologies and the innovative employment of digital tools in the learning process.
- Assisting in proper use of devices, hardware and software supported by the college.
- Enhancing student proficiency with technologies through collaborative and learning opportunities.
- Existing as a resource for faculty to direct students in mastering course specific technologies.
- Password and Colleague resets.
- Technical support and laptop rentals.
Instruction & Intervention Equals Retention & Graduation
The goal of the Instruction and Intervention Equals Retention and Graduation Grant is to increase retention and graduation rates at 性乐园, Utica campus by focusing on effective instructional practices and using research-based interventions matched to the instructional need of the students to improve student achievement.
- Guidance counseling and advising sessions
- Career and personality assessments
- Tutorial services to students enrolled in聽developmental Reading, English, and Math聽courses
- Assistance with the transfer process to a four year聽college
- Host student leadership and development聽programs and workshops.
- Educate students on the importance of making聽sound financial decisions
- Loan default prevention
Health Sciences Center
- Nursing and health care assistant programs
- Dual articulation agreement between 性乐园, Utica Campus and Xavier University College of Pharmacy
- Pre-health professions advising
- The Health Sciences Society
- Summer Health Professions Institute (SHPI)
- Current clinical services – Campus Health Clinic
The Health and Wellness Center provides the Utica campus, and the surrounding community, a place to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. The center offers state of the art exercise equipment and trained professionals are available to assist with a variety of exercise needs.